The PowerStand is a state-of-the-art device for cutting-edge stand training intervention distributed by Power NeuroRecovery, Inc. The PowerStand is designed to facilitate the sensori-motor experience for standing by allowing manual-assisted training. A training team with expertise in delivering locomotor training and engineers designed the PowerStand specifically to meet the needs of adults with spinal cord injury.
- Stable adjustable frame.
- Allows for use of bungees or manual assistance by the trainers/therapists.
- Allows for sit to stand transition from wheelchair or mat.
Features advantageous for the patient:
- An open, unobstructed view allows individuals to use mirrors and monitor posture.
- Adjustable height and length of the crossbar to allow for optimal placement for upper extremity support
- Adjustable footplates to allow for the patient’s feet to be secured in place.
- Promotes progression of hip and knee assistance with removable and adjustable bungees
- Has four wheels for easy mobility around the clinic.
Ergonomic advantages for therapists and trainers:
- Double or single chair option for ‘leg trainers’
- Adjustable seat forward and backward optimally aligns each trainer’s position relative to the patient for proper posture during knee assistance.
- Open, unobstructed access to the PowerStand to allow for fast stand to sit transitions.